Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Video 1

In class, we have now moved on to video. Here is the link to the final project I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DpmicJsG8k

For this video, we just needed to demonstrate some basic editing techniques. I wanted to give it a handycam feel to make it more of a personal connection for other people to continue working with this movement if I decide to pursue it. I ended up using my phone's camera to film. It was good to know how that works and the importing process. I simply have to drag the files into Final Cut Pro as opposed to capturing.












I framed each shot by putting the American flag by each piece of garbage I found. As you can see in each of the shots, the flag is either placed on the garbage, next to the garbage, or planted vertical next to it. I white balanced with a preset option on my phone's camera, but some of the shots were darker than others. It it one of the imperfections of the phone, but this is all part of the learning process. Overall I found over 15 pieces of different trash in about a half hour of walking, which says a lot about how often people litter. In the final piece, I did not do any color correction, but if I were to redo this project, I will make adjustments to make the shots look better. I added transitions between the shots to make the video more interesting and playful. I want it to be personable and make it look like anyone could do in their spare time. I would never use transitions in that manner in a tradition sense, unless I was going for a specific effect. Overall, I was happy about this project for what it was, but I look forward to improving my film making and making better shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment